- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 finely chopped small onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 package (12 ounces) hot dog buns, split
- Finely chopped red onion
- Yellow mustard
- In a large saucepan, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes; drain. Add next 10 ingredients; simmer until thickened, about 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions. Place in buns and top with chili, red onion and yellow mustard. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for My Favorite Chili Dogs
"My family and I loved these! Easy to make and delicious. The chili was t spicy but a bit sweet, yum! My only complaint was that the sauce was a bit watery/runny. Next time we I'll add half the amount of water called for."
"So much fun to make! The kids enjoyed making the easy chili and grilling the dogs. I added black beans, and a can of green Chiles to the meat. Yum!"
"The chili tastes more like sloppy joes and much too acidic. Disappointing..."