My Favorite Burger Recipe
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir mushrooms and onion over medium heat until onion is golden brown. Grill rolls for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 4. Spread rolls with cream cheese; top with burgers and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 410 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for My Favorite Burger
"For some reason it did not mark my rating correctly. It was great."
"Oh, this is a great recipe. To put my twist on it I chopped the onion put it inside the burger and cooked it. Delicious."