My Favorite Burger Recipe
“After having a burger similar to this at a diner years ago, I tried to lighten it up without losing the great flavors. Now I can enjoy one more often without feeling guilty!” -Kristen Swihart – Perrysburg, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Gril: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir mushrooms and onion over medium heat until onion is golden brown. Grill rolls for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 4. Spread rolls with cream cheese; top with burgers and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 410 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 737 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC