My Favorite Burger Recipe
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir mushrooms and onion over medium heat until onion is golden brown. Grill rolls for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 4. Spread rolls with cream cheese; top with burgers and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 410 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein .
Reviews for My Favorite Burger
"For some reason it did not mark my rating correctly. It was great."
"Oh, this is a great recipe. To put my twist on it I chopped the onion put it inside the burger and cooked it. Delicious."