After eating a burger like this at a diner years ago, I tried to lighten up the sandwich without losing the great flavors. Now I can enjoy one more often without feeling guilty! —Kris Swihart, Perrysburg, Ohio
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced sweet onion
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- On a greased grill rack, grill the patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from heat for 4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir mushrooms and onion over medium heat until onion is golden brown. Grill rolls for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spread rolls with cream cheese; top with burgers and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as My Favorite Burger for 2 in Healthy Cooking
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for My Favorite Burger for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2014
"Very tasty! My family loved them."