- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir mushrooms and onion over medium heat until onion is golden brown. Grill rolls for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spread rolls with cream cheese; top with burgers and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for My Favorite Burger for 2
Sort By :
Very tasty! My family loved them.