My Favorite Bran Muffins Recipe
After trying dozens of bran muffin recipes, I developed this one myself, and have used it again and again! These muffins are easy to make and convenient, since you can prepare the batter days ahead of time. When we're expecting company, I pour the prepared batter into tins and have hot muffins ready by the time the coffee's perked.
- 1-1/4 cups All-Bran
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup boiling water
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Combine the eggs, honey, molasses, oil, buttermilk and boiling water; mix well with dry ingredients. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Batter may be made ahead and stored in refrigerator for up to 1 month. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as My Favorite Bran Muffins in Reminisce March/April 1991, p35
Reviews for My Favorite Bran Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review