Romaine get a special treatment with the tasty, creamy salad dressing. It has a few veggies tossed in for color and crunch.—Julie Reynolds, Columbia, Tennessee
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese, divided
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 cups garlic croutons
- In a small bowl, mash garlic and salt, forming a paste. Whisk in the lemon juice, Miracle Whip, lemon peel, mustard and pepper. While whisking, gradually add oil in a steady stream until combined. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, carrots and cucumber. Whisk dressing; drizzle desired amount over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons and remaining cheese. Serve with remaining dressing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as My Caesar Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p36
Reviews for My Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review