- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound fully cooked Spanish chorizo links, sliced
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups Minute® Brown Rice
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and ham; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes, broth, peppers, onion, Cajun seasoning and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
- Return to a boil; stir in rice and shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 7-9 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for My Best-Ever Jambalaya
Sort By :
"My husband & I really liked this recipe. I don't like shrimp so I cooked it on the side & added it to the bowls. I also could not find chorizo in our store so I used andoille sausage instead. Was very tasty."