MVP Chili Recipe
While chili snobs will argue over what true chili really is, you’ll be enjoying this amazing recipe that brings together many well-loved (if hotly debated) chili ingredients. The Johnsonville Italian Sausage gives the dish an extra boost of flavor and heat that will make all chili fans want more.
- 2 packages (19 ounces, each) Johnsonville® Hot or Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or 1-1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (16 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernal corn
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned.
- 2. Add onions and garlic; continue to cook and stir until tender.
- 3. Stir in beer and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4. Add tomatoes and tomato paste, cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes.
- 5. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve. Yield: Serves 6-8.
Reviews for MVP Chili
Reviewed May. 7, 2014
"Very tasty! Didn't follow recipe exactly but it was still delicious. I added green pepper and celery, 2 cans of kidney beans, no black beans. Didn't need salt and pepper. Will do this one again!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC