While chili snobs will argue over what true chili really is, you’ll be enjoying this amazing recipe that brings together many well-loved (if hotly debated) chili ingredients. The Johnsonville Italian Sausage gives the dish an extra boost of flavor and heat that will make all chili fans want more.—Brought to you by The Kitchen at Johnsonville® Sausage.
Recommended: 75 Winning Recipes For Your Super Bowl Potluck
- 2 packages (19 ounces, each) Johnsonville® Hot or Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or 1-1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (16 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernal corn
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned.
- Add onions and garlic; continue to cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in beer and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve. Yield: Serves 6-8.
Originally published as MVP Chili in Johnsonville® Sausage 2017
Reviews for MVP Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 7, 2014
"Very tasty! Didn't follow recipe exactly but it was still delicious. I added green pepper and celery, 2 cans of kidney beans, no black beans. Didn't need salt and pepper. Will do this one again!"