Mustard Turkey Cutlets Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Gradually whisk in the concentrate, mustard and rosemary until blended. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Set aside 1/4 cup sauce.
- 2. Brush turkey with oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Brush with reserved sauce before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounces cooked turkey equals 230 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.