Mustard Tarragon Chicken
I usually prepare this chicken in the morning, refrigerate it the rest of the day and then just pop it into the oven right before mealtime.—Beth Brown, Naples, Florida
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Combine the butter, mustard and garlic salt in a shallow bowl.
- Combine the bread crumbs, tarragon and pepper in another shallow
- bowl. Dip chicken into butter mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 311 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and