Mustard Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
These rich and creamy potatoes taste great with a variety of meats. —Tangee Thaler, Silver Lake, Ohio
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese, divided
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook onions in 1 tablespoon butter for 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the cream, mustard and remaining butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce hear; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Reduce heat to low; stir in half of the cheese until melted. Remove from the heat. In a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer a third of the potatoes; top with a third of the sauce. Repeat layers twice; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Mustard Potatoes Au Gratin
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC