- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese, divided
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, cook onions in 1 tablespoon butter for 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the cream, mustard and remaining butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce hear; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in half of the cheese until melted. Remove from the heat. In a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer a third of the potatoes; top with a third of the sauce. Repeat layers twice; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mustard Potatoes Au Gratin in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p166
Reviews for Mustard Potatoes Au Gratin(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >