Mustard Pork Medallions
There's no better way to call your famished family to the dinner table than with the irresistible aroma of these tasty pork medallions. Brushing the pork with mustard and coating it with seasoned dry bread crumbs before you bake it makes the meat tender and juicy.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/4 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the crumbs, thyme, garlic salt and onion
- powder; set aside. Cut tenderloin widthwise into 12 pieces and pound
- each piece to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine mustard and butter; brush
- on each side of pork, then roll in reserved crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425°
- for 10 minutes; turn and bake about 5 minutes more or until no
- longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with margarine) equals 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat; also, 254 calories, 855 mg sodium, 53 mg cholesterol, 15 gm carbohydrate, 25 gm protein, 11 gm fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.