Mustard Ham Strata Recipe
- 12 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 7 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer bread cubes, ham, green pepper, cheeses and onion. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 325°. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 198 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 648 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 starch.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.