Mustard Ham Strata
“I had this at a bed-and-breakfast years ago. They were kind enough to give me the recipe and I've made it many times since.” Dolores Zornow - Poynette, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 12 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 7 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the
- bread cubes, ham, green pepper, cheeses and onion. In a large bowl,
- combine the eggs, milk, mustard and salt. Pour over top. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 198 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 648 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,