“I had this at a bed-and-breakfast years ago. They were kind enough to give me the recipe and I've made it many times since.” Dolores Zornow - Poynette, Wisconsin
- 12 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 7 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer bread cubes, ham, green pepper, cheeses and onion. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 325°. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mustard Ham Strata in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p44
Reviews for Mustard Ham Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review