Mustard Green Beans
Looking for an easy way to dress up veggies in a twinkling? My mother came up with this mouthwatering, family-favorite recipe that we still celebrate at holiday get-together meals!Mary Graham, Barneveld, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 pounds fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and
- set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, water,
- mustard and salt until smooth. In the Dutch oven, melt butter over
- medium heat. Stir in the mustard mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return beans to the pan;
- heat through. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 52 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.