Mustard-Glazed Pork Roast
Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies, along with sewing, oil painting, exercising and home decorating.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut into lengthwise strips
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cut slits in top of roast and insert garlic strips. Place roast in a
- large resealable bag; add salad dressing and vinegar. Seal bag and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan. Season with onion salt, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Combine the preserves, mustard, brown
- sugar and butter; brush over roast during the last 15 minutes of
- baking. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.