Mustard-Glazed Pork Roast Recipe
Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies, along with sewing, oil painting, exercising and home decorating.
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut into lengthwise strips
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Cut slits in top of roast and insert garlic strips. Place roast in a large resealable bag; add salad dressing and vinegar. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Season with onion salt, salt and pepper.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until meat thermometer reads 160°. Combine the preserves, mustard, brown sugar and butter; brush over roast during the last 15 minutes of baking. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC