“Ever since I served these carrots on Thanksgiving a couple of years ago, this recipe is my most requested side dish at family dinners,” says field editor Kelly Kirby of Westville, Nova Scotia.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain. Add the mustard, dill and butter; stir until
- butter is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 74 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.