Mustard Fried Catfish
“I make this meal on a monthly basis,” writes Barbara Keith from Faucett, MIssouri. “The fish is so delicious and flaky, and it’s easy to prepare, too.” If you can’t find catfish, purchase orange roughy or cod instead.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- Oil for frying
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread mustard
- over both sides of fillets; coat with cornmeal mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- fillets, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.