Mustard Fried Catfish Recipe
“I make this meal on a monthly basis,” writes Barbara Keith from Faucett, MIssouri. “The fish is so delicious and flaky, and it’s easy to prepare, too.” If you can’t find catfish, purchase orange roughy or cod instead.
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- Oil for frying
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread mustard over both sides of fillets; coat with cornmeal mixture.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry fillets, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mustard Fried Catfish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC