This is an amazing coleslaw that tastes good with any meal. I especially like serving it with barbecue pork sandwiches.
- 3/4 cup prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 medium heads cabbage (about 4 pounds), shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar, sour cream, ketchup, mayonnaise, salt and cayenne. Stir in the sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, green pepper, carrot and celery. Add desired amount of dressing; toss until well coated. Refrigerate until serving. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Mustard Coleslaw in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p39
Reviews for Mustard Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2013
"Use the full amount of cabbage if not a little extra."