Curry powder, lemon juice, honey and mustard make a lip-smacking sauce for paprika-sprinkled chicken that is cooked in the microwave. The made-in minutes main dish is a favorite with my family, and I'm sure it will be with yours, too. -Tina Footen, Nampa, Idaho
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Arrange chicken in a 9-in. or 10-in. microwave-safe pie plate, with the thickest side toward the outside of the plate. Sprinkle with paprika; top with lemon slices. Cover and microwave, on high for 6-8 minutes, rotating dish a half turn once.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through; stir.
- Drain chicken; top with sauce. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 minutes until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mustard Chicken Breasts in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mustard Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review