Mustard Cheese Spread Recipe
Wrapped up in a basket with crackers and a decorative spreader, this tangy cheese spread is a distinctive hostess gift. It's also good used as a dip for raw vegetables.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the onion, garlic, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Spread onto an 8-in. serving platter; sprinkle with caraway seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 109 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC