Mustard boosts the green flavor of the sprouts in this versatile side dish. Great served with breaded chicken or pork chops. —Leah-Anne Schnapp, Grove City, Ohio
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut an “X” in the core of each brussels sprout. In a Dutch oven, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add brussels sprouts; cover and cook for 8-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute shallots in butter until tender. Add the cream, mustard, salt, tarragon and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Drain sprouts; add cream mixture and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Mustard Brussels Sprouts in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p51
Reviews for Mustard Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review