Just a few ingredients are all you’ll need for this tasty side dish. “The recipe was inspired by both my grandmother and my husband’s grandmother, who used to prepare similar salads,” says Patricia Ritter of Douglassville, Pennsylvania.
Recommended: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 pounds fresh wax beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Dash salt
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Transfer beans to a serving bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons of cooking water. In a small bowl, combine the onion, mustard, vinegar, reserved cooking water and salt. Drizzle over beans; toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mustard Bean Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p55
Reviews for Mustard Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review