Mustard Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Says Cliff Mays from St. Albans, West Virginia, "I liked this zippy sauce from the first taste, as have my guests. It's not a thick sauce, but it coats meats very well. I use it on grilled barbecue ribs...and it's great with ham."
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until the flavors are blended. Remove from the heat; cool. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 56 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC