Mustard Baked Ham with Gravy
My mom made this dish often when I was youngand my husband's mother did the same in her kitchen! It's remained an all-time favorite in our home.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 4 fully cooked ham steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- Combine flour, brown sugar and mustard; mix well. stir in water and
- vinegar to form a paste; spread 1 teaspoon on each side of ham
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour milk over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
- If milk gravy is desired, transfer ham to a serving platter and keep
- warm. Pour pan juices into a blender; process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Serve immediately with ham. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 315 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,851 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.