Mustard-Apricot Pork Chops
The tempting and beautiful glaze makes an impressive main dish that looks like you fussed over it. These tender chops are nice to serve during the week as well as for company on weekends.—Sheila Townsend, Overland Park, Kansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir preserves and
- mustard until preserves are melted; set aside.
- Place pork chops on a lightly greased broiler pan; broil 4-5 in. from
- the heat for 4 minutes. Brush with half of the glaze; turn chops.
- Broil 4-5 minutes longer; brush with the remaining glaze. or until
- a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with onions. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.