Mustard & Cranberry Glazed Ham
This delicious glaze only uses four ingredients. It's a simple way to ensure your ham will be the show stopper on your holiday table. —Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 50 min. + standing
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) jellied or whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting
- pan. If desired, score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes
- 1/2 in. deep. Insert cloves into the surface. Loosely cover ham with
- foil; bake 1-1/2 hours.
- In a large saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, brown sugar and wine.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until
- slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in mustard.
- Pour 2 cups cranberry mixture over ham. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or
- until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand 10 minutes before
- slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 12 servings (4 cups
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked ham with 1/3 cup sauce equals 449 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,310 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.