- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) jellied or whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. If desired, score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Insert cloves into the surface. Loosely cover ham with foil; bake 1-1/2 hours.
- In a large saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, brown sugar and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in mustard.
- Pour 2 cups cranberry mixture over ham. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 12 servings (4 cups sauce).
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Mustard & Cranberry Glazed Ham
"Made with a spiral sliced ham using a roasting bag to keep moist. It was excellent."
"We really enjoyed this ham! I cooked a 17 lb plus ham and it took about 3 hours with foil cover and then open last 30 minutes and then rest time. Made sauce per this recipe using one can whole berries and two can jellied and had plenty leftover. I used the chicken broth. It was delicious! I did not broil it though and the crust/glaze was well cooked anyway. The only issue was it was a huge mess to clean up as moisture ran off foil into oven and also the pan bottom had the sauce cooked on terribly. Would cook in a disposable pan or bag next time and set on jelly roll cookie sheet, but it really is a beautiful and scrumptious ham. Wanted leftovers for us and others; thus large ham."
"<p>This is wonderful. A sweet sauce with the tang of cranberry. So easy to make. I opted to use the chicken broth. Next time I will add the zest of an orange as it seems to be needing it to round out the flavors. The sauce is still terrific with the leftovers. So pretty to add to your holiday table. Added a picture on my profile under favorite recipes.</p>"