Mustard & Apricot-Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ground mustard
- Whole cloves
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Combine brown sugar and mustard; rub over surface of ham. Insert a clove in the center of each diamond.
- 2. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour. Spoon preserves over ham. Bake 15-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through.
- 3. Freeze option: Freeze cooled sliced ham in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Reviews for Mustard & Apricot-Glazed Ham
"This recipe turned out perfectly! The end result wasn't too sweet. It had just the right balance of sugar and spice to offset the saltiness of the ham. When rubbing the dry mixture on the ham, I suggest pressing some of the mixture into the score marks to allow the flavors to touch more than just the surface of the ham."
"This ham turned out delicious and moist. I did wrap it in foil after the first hour of baking and I basted it every 20-30 min. Mine was 11 lbs so it took closer to 2 hours to heat. Many compliments."