Mushrooms Au Gratin Recipe
- 2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add wine or broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes.
- Combine the flour, sour cream, pepper and nutmeg until smooth; stir into mushrooms. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Transfer to a shallow serving dish. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushrooms Au Gratin(1)
Sort By :
Made this as a side dish with salsbury steaks and roasted potaotes! It was fabulous! I will make these again! Swiss chese tastes so good with the mushrooms. I bought a really cheap wine and hated the taste so I threw out the wine and used the chicken stock. I bet this recipe is good with wine too, but a better wine!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- New Year's Recipes >