Mushroom Zucchini Fritatta Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, zucchini and mushrooms in butter until tender; drain. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustards, salt and pepper; pour over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 209 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 182mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mushroom Zucchini Fritatta
"Amazing!!! We will definitely make this again. Often!"
"I had never made a frittata before, so I was a bit unsure how this would turn out...this was amazing! My husband really enjoyed it and he is meat & potatoes kind of guy! I used 3 zucchini, omitted the mushrooms, and used a bit of extra cheese & bread crumbs. Really flavorful!~ Theresa"
"Very flavorful and satisfying."
"This was a great recipe - we gobbled it up! A few modifications based on what we had on hand: skipped the mushrooms, used 2% milk and 1 more egg since I had extra veggies in it, and used cheddar cheese. It was delicious and definitely a keeper."