Surprisingly hearty, with a fresh veggie flavor as big as its serving size, this cheesy frittata qualifies for a nice lunch option or late-night supper, too. —Michelle Sandoval, Escalon, California
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, zucchini and mushrooms in butter until tender; drain. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustards, salt and pepper; pour over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Frittata in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p53
Reviews for Mushroom Zucchini Fritatta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review