Mushroom Wild Rice Recipe
"This is one of my favorite recipes from my mother," writes Bob Malchow of Monon, Indiana. "With only seven ingredients, it's quick to assemble in the morning before I leave for work. By the time I get home, mouthwatering aromas have filled the house."—Bob Malchow, Monon, Indiana
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until rice is tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 151 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC