- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until rice is tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Mushroom Wild Rice
"Kind of bland in my opinion. I did keep the leftovers and will probably add some soy sauce to give it a little more flavor. Smelled wonderful cooking!"
"Bought some beautiful wild rice while in Minnesota. Wanted something earthy and authentic tasting as a side dish. This takes 2 minutes to put together, nice enough for company. Wow, delicious flavor..I always have the ingredients on hand. We love it."
"Did not care for. I would rather have just plain brown rice or plain wild rice."
"I've made this a couple of times and the whole family loves it. It smells so good while cooking it is hard to wait to eat it. It makes a lot. I'm going to try stuffing chicken breasts with the left overs."
"This was an excellent dish. I used a 6-qt crockpot, so doubled the recipe, and it was great! I will definitely make this again. I was thinking that I might try adding some pre-cooked sausage to it the next time. Don't be afraid to make this one!"