Mushroom Wild Rice Dish Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 55 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute the mushrooms, onion and almonds in drippings until vegetables are tender; stir into rice mixture. Add bacon. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 173 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 568mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mushroom Wild Rice Dish
"This is a very nice recipe. I used canned mushrooms as I did not have fresh mushrooms on hand. Also I used a brown and wild rice mix since I was out of plain wild rice."