- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 55 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute the mushrooms, onion and almonds in drippings until vegetables are tender; stir into rice mixture. Add bacon. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Wild Rice in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p50
Reviews for Mushroom Wild Rice Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2010
"This is a very nice recipe. I used canned mushrooms as I did not have fresh mushrooms on hand. Also I used a brown and wild rice mix since I was out of plain wild rice."