Mushroom Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
I love to cook and entertain. This is a favorite company's coming casserole, especially in fall. Mushrooms and wild rice make a terrific team. - Edna Eggert, Bella Vista, Arkansas.
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef consomme
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each celery salt, garlic salt and onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch dried thyme
- 1. In a bowl, combine water and rice; let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add mushrooms; saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Drain rice and stir into beef mixture. Remove from the heat; cool. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Discard the bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 316 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Wild Rice Casserole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC