Mushroom Wild Rice Bake Recipe
Wild rice is an important part of Minnesota history. This is an excellent-tasting dish and a very easy way to prepare wild rice.
- 4 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, bouillon, garlic and wild rice; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Add long grain rice; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in mushrooms and butter.
- 3. Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 143 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC