Mushroom Wild Rice Bake Recipe
Wild rice is an important part of Minnesota history. This is an excellent-tasting dish and a very easy way to prepare wild rice.
- 4 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, bouillon, garlic and wild rice; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Add long grain rice; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in mushrooms and butter.
- 3. Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/2 cup: 143 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Wild Rice Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC