Wild rice is an important part of Minnesota history. This is an excellent-tasting dish and a very easy way to prepare wild rice.
- 4 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, bouillon, garlic and wild rice; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add long grain rice; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in mushrooms and butter.
- Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Wild Rice Bake in Country Extra July 1999, p51
Reviews for Mushroom Wild Rice Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review