"This is one of my favorite recipes from my mother," writes Bob Malchow of Monon, Indiana. "With only seven ingredients, it's quick to assemble in the morning before I leave for work. By the time I get home, mouthwatering aromas have filled the house."—Bob Malchow, Monon, Indiana
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until rice is tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Wild Rice in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p53
Reviews for Mushroom Wild Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review