Mushroom Veggie Couscous Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring broth and wine or additional broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Add the carrot, green onions, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Fluff couscous with a fork; stir into vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 184 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mushroom Veggie Couscous
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.