Mushroom Veggie Couscous Recipe
In her Howell, Michigan kitchen, Ann Berger dresses up quick-cooking couscous with mushrooms, green onions and carrot. Seasoned with white wine, thyme and garlic, it's a comforting menu addition that complements most any main course.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and wine or additional broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Add the carrot, green onions, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Fluff couscous with a fork; stir into vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Veggie Couscous in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Veggie Couscous(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >