Mushroom Veggie Chowder Recipe
This rich buttery broth is loaded with mushrooms, broccoli and corn. I made it for "Souper Sunday" at our church, and it sure didn't last long! -Edward Reis, Phoenix, Arizona
- 4 pounds fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 quarts milk
- 4 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 packages (24 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 8 cups (32 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In three or four soup kettles, saute the mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; stir into mushroom mixture until well blended. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer or until thickened and bubbly.
- 2. Stir in the broth, broccoli and corn; heat through. Just before serving, stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 50 servings (12-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 185 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Veggie Chowder
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC