- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 2-1/2 cups cooking liquid. Stir bouillon into cooking liquid and set aside. Place spaghetti in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in sherry and reserved cooking liquid. Add the lemon-pepper, salt and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in milk and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese until blended. Add turkey; cook and stir until heated through. Pour turkey mixture over spaghetti and toss to combine. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMushroom Turkey Tetrazzini
"This is a fabulous way to use up leftover turkey breast! My whole family enjoys this dish...even my husband who normally won't eat mushrooms. The cooking sherry adds such a nice flavor to the dish, so don't skip it! It's also very filling and has a rich, satisfying flavor. Yum!"
"Absolutely delicious! I would make again."
"Soooo good! Even my 3 year old loved it."
"This dish is very quick to make. I needed a recipe to use up ham so that's what I used. We don't like nutmeg so left out. Next time I will try the sherry. I also topped it off with fresh Parmesan. Very good,can't wait to make it again. So versatile!"
"This was really good! A great way to use leftover turkey. The flavor was good, easy to put together. Thinking I may toss some fresh broccoli in next time to add some color!"
"My two boys (5 &9) really loved this recipe. Both of them had third helpings! I substituted chicken broth for the bouillon and pasta water. I also didn't have the lemon pepper but found a substitution of lemon peel, pepper and salt.I took the lid off for the last 5 minutes of baking because it looked too wet, but I think that made it too dry. Next time we'll leave the lid on."
"This was amazing! I can't see how this could have been made any more delicious as a higher calorie meal. The flavor was rich, creamy, and comforting. I ate my portion, then stood over the casserole dish and ate more ... I couldn't stop! I did not make any substitutions or changes other than adding one diced leek because I put onion in everything. I did this while sauteeing the mushrooms. I also used the sherry instead of the chicken broth. Highly recommended! You won't need to go back to the unhealthy version after this one!"
"My husband and I really enjoyed this. It was rich and tasty and delicious! I found cubed turkey in the meat section and used that instead of leftover turkey. Oh, so goooood!"
"This is a really good dish. I used angel hair pasta, omitted the lemon-pepper seasoning and the nutmeg and used 1 tsp. poultry seasoning instead. Excellent!"