Mushroom Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 2-1/2 cups cooking liquid. Stir bouillon into cooking liquid and set aside. Place spaghetti in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in sherry and reserved cooking liquid. Add the lemon-pepper, salt and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Reduce heat to low; stir in milk and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese until blended. Add turkey; cook and stir until heated through. Pour turkey mixture over spaghetti and toss to combine. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 362 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 592 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Mushroom Turkey Tetrazzini
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer