This colorful veggie soup gets all bulked up thanks to cheesy tortellini. It's a real comfort on a cold or rainy day. —Jen Lucas, Baldwinville, Massachusetts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or just until tortellini float (do not boil). Stir in spinach and pepper; cook just until spinach is wilted. If desired, serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Tortellini Soup in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Reviews for Mushroom Tortellini Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review