- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or just until tortellini float (do not boil). Stir in spinach and pepper; cook just until spinach is wilted. If desired, serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Tortellini Soup in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Reviews for Mushroom Tortellini Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2014
This was delicious! My husband called it 'restaurant quality'!
I used fresh tomatoes, basil, parsley and sage out of the garden! Yum!!
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Mushroom Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Soup Recipes >