Mushroom Tomato Bisque Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup tomato paste
- Pinch sugar, optional
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place tomatoes cut side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush with 3 tablespoons oil. Combine garlic, salt, basil, oregano and pepper; sprinkle over tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are well browned.
- 2. Cool slightly. Place tomatoes and pan drippings in a blender. Cover and process until blended; process 1 minute longer.
- 3. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth, tomato paste, sugar if desired and tomato puree. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in cream. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 401 calories, 35g fat (13g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Mushroom Tomato Bisque
"Tastes like a tomato and mushroom pasta sauce"
"I made this for the first time last year and have been making weekly since. I love it!! The only thing I changed was instead of chicken broth I use vegetable broth by kitchen basics. Whoever you are who came up with this must be a amazing cook. Thanks!!!!"
"i didn't like it. i love tomato soup and i love mushroom soup - but i didn't like the combination of the 2."
"So simple and delicious. I make this quite often and enjoy it every single time."
"This is the first thing my husband cooked for me, and we both LOVE it! I use low sodium broth to keep the salt down, and serve it up with a loaf of freshly baked bread!"
"This soup is amazing and easy to make"
"This soup is so delicious."