Mushroom Tomato Bisque Recipe
After tasting a similar soup in a restaurant, I tinkered around with a few recipes at home and this was the result. The recipe might seem complicated, but it’s really not. And I love the blend of flavors. —Connie Stevens Schaefferstown, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup tomato paste
- Pinch sugar, optional
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place tomatoes cut side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush with 3 tablespoons oil. Combine garlic, salt, basil, oregano and pepper; sprinkle over tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are well browned.
- 2. Cool slightly. Place tomatoes and pan drippings in a blender. Cover and process until blended; process 1 minute longer.
- 3. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth, tomato paste, sugar if desired and tomato puree. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in cream. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 401 calories, 35 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 684 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Tomato Bisque
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC