I first helped my mom make these appetizers when I was just eleven years old. Now as a military wife, I serve these tarts all over the world!—Jennie McComsey, Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts
Featured In: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add flour; beat until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For filling, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter. Drain and pat dry. Return to the pan; stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in salt and thyme; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/16-in. thickness; cut into 2-1/2-in. circles. Press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Place a rounded teaspoonful of filling in each cup.
- Bake at 350° for 12-17 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Mushroom Tartlets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p104
Reviews for Mushroom Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review