Mushroom-Swiss Lamb Chops Recipe
- 4 lamb loin chops (2-inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup prepared Russian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of lamb chops with salt and pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in salad dressing. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 3. Sprinkle cheese over lamb chops; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with mushroom mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 381 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 624 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.