Mushroom-Swiss Lamb Chops
Looking for something fast but impressive to serve company on a busy weeknight? “These lamb chops make a really nice, last-minute meal for guests,“ notes Candy McMenamin in Lexington, South Carolina. “I pick up the ingredients on the way home from work and usually finish off the menu with a green salad and new potatoes.“
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 lamb loin chops (2-inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup prepared Russian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Sprinkle both sides of lamb chops with salt and pepper. Broil 4-6 in.
- from the heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 5-6
- minutes or until tender. Stir in salad dressing. Bring to a boil;
- cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Sprinkle cheese over lamb chops; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until
- cheese is melted. Serve with mushroom mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 381 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 624 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a